Saturday, June 23, 2007

MRH Pickles

Mix:
1-1/2 c thinly sliced onions
12 c thinly sliced cucumbers

Sprinkle with 1/4 c salt. Add enough water to cover. Leave for 2 hours.
Drain off excess moisture. Do not rinse.

Add:
3 c sugar
1-1/2 c vinegar
1 t turmeric

Mix and refrigerate.

*******************************
This recipe makes the delicious fridge pickles we all know and love from MRH. I've been making them since Edna Robfogel was there, at least ten years. And they've been a hit ever since!

4 comments:

Mike Blyth said...

I usually eat the whole small serving bowl of these, unless someone else gets them first.

Linda D said...

I am SOOOOOOOO excited beyond belief that you are doing this! As a new wife and mother and soon to have two kids, I need all the recipes I can get! I will be writing them all down, I even have a new book for them. PLease please keep them coming. I love you all and hope that when my family and I come home to Jos we can come over for dinner :)

Anonymous said...

I made these for a family function, and they were gobbled right up. I love them!

Lori

Sara said...

Woo hoo! Barb's recipe's in electronic form. I'm super excited. Here are two recipes I would like to see. The first one is Barb's sour dough bread; I remember her saying something about a starter batch and that it's Mike's favorite. The other recipe are these rockin' cookies that Barb makes. They were chocolate sugar cookies (correct name?). I remember I got them for my birthday when I was teaching Luke. Okay wait, three receipes. I need the carrot-pineapple cake recipe too. I'm stoping now.