Friday, September 28, 2007

Julie's Rigatoni with Bell Peppers

4 large bell pepper (3-4 peppers)
1 lb rigatoni or other tube-shaped pasta
2 T butter, melted
2 T olive oil
5 whole garlic cloves, peeled (4-5 cloves)
2/3 c parmesan cheese, grated
20 large basil leaves, fresh, grated (16-20)

Heat oil in large skillet. Put in garlic cloves and brown on each side. Discard garlic. Add peppers to the oil and saute until tender (15-20 min). Season with salt & pepper. Boil pasta and drain. Return to pan. Pour melted butter over pasta and toss. Add peppers, parmesan cheese and basil. Toss and serve. Top pasta with extra cheese.

Makes 6 servings

*********************
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Julie, who's ethnically Italian. She wrote it out for me on a paper restaurant placement, and I still have that in my file. Fresh basil is best, but in a pinch, I substitute dry basil. It can be a wholesome vegetarian meal or can accompany something like fried chicken.

No comments: