Sunday, July 8, 2007

No-Work Chicken

Place chicken snugly skinside down (I take off the skin) in flat baking dish in one layer.
Make marinade by mixing together the following:
  • 1/2 c honey
  • 1/2 c dijon-style prepared mustard
  • 1 T curry powder
  • 2 T soy sauce

Pour over chicken and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. When ready to bake, turn chicken and cover dish with foil. Bake at 350F for one hour. Remove foil. Baste well. Continue baking uncovered 15 minutes. Serve with bulgar pilaf, or rice.

***********************

I've had this recipe since 1980, probably, given to me by the wife of a retired Cameroon missionary doctor who became a good friend and mentor to me in Orange County (CA). My daughter Lisa calls it "Honey-Mustard Chicken," but it's the same thing. Very easy, and I serve it with rice. The leftover marinade makes a good sauce for the rice. Also great with sourdough biscuits!

1 comment:

Lisa Gertz said...

I can't wait to try this, Mom. This is one that I don't already have from you. Thanks! I enjoy hearing the tidbits at the end of each one, as to how you acquired the recipes. That's the best part =)